Friday, January 18, 2019

Triumphant Praise

149 Hallelujah! Praise the Lord!
    It’s time to sing to God a brand-new song[a]
    so that all his holy people will hear how wonderful he is!
2 May Israel be enthused with joy because of him,
    and may the sons of Zion pour out
    their joyful praises to their King.
3 Break forth with dancing!
    Make music and sing God’s praises with the rhythm of drums!
4 For he enjoys his faithful lovers.
    He adorns the humble with his beauty
    and he loves to give them the victory.
5 His godly lovers triumph in the glory of God,
    and their joyful praises will rise even while others sleep.
6 God’s high and holy praises fill their mouths,
    for their shouted praises are their weapons of war!
7 These warring weapons will bring vengeance
    on every opposing force and every resistant power—
8 to bind kings with chains and rulers with iron shackles.
9 Praise-filled warriors will enforce
    the judgment-doom decreed against their enemies.
    This is the glorious honor he gives to all his godly lovers.
    Hallelujah! Praise the Lord!

Footnotes:

  1. Psalm 149:1 Or “a spontaneous song.”

2 comments:

  1. I prayed and asked God for HOPE since I have been struggling with despair today and of and on for quite a while. Shortly after the prayer I looked at this PSALM, it gives the antidote for despair, lack of hope!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prayed and asked God for HOPE, since I have been struggling off and on with a lack of HOPE. I believe this Psalm gives the HOPE and EXPECTATION I NEED ! ! ! KEYS TO VICTORY !

    ReplyDelete