Friday, April 26, 2013

A Word in Season


AWIS Apr 6 2013
 David Anointed 2

April 27, 2013
"Arise, Anoint him, for This Is The One"
There is a story in the bible about the calling of King David. The Lord told the Prophet Samuel to go and anoint one of Jesse's sons to be the next king. As Samuel was going through each of Jesse's sons, he first thought that Eliab would surely be the one as he was looking at his outward appearance. But the Lord said to Samuel,
"Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."
As each of Jesse's seven sons passed before Samuel, he told Jesse that the Lord has not chosen these. When he asked if there were any other sons, Jesse said yes the youngest who is tending the sheep. When Samuel had seen David, the Lord said to him, "Arise, anoint him; for this is the one!" Then Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the midst of his brothers; and the Spirit of the Lord came upon David from that day forward.
The Lord says, just as I have called David who was a shepherd boy to be a king, I have called you to an extraordinary life. Just as I anointed him and raised him up to be a mighty warrior, I also call you. There is no need to be fearful or fainthearted because  you will go in My strength and anointing. You will know the authority that I have placed on your life as I raise you up and call you a warrior. As the world looks at you and see's your faults and failures, I see you as the person who I have created you to be. Don't see yourself as being defeated, neither see yourself as the person who you once were because I have created you to be a giant slayer. You will arise and defeat the powers of the enemy because you have been called to greatness. You have been created for My end time army. Just as David confronted and killed Goliath, so shall you stand against the giants and conquer them. Just as David killed the lion and the bear, you are well able to overcome every obstacle and adversity that comes against you.
I will train your hands for war and your fingers for battle. I have gifted you and called you to do great exploits. I have created each one of you for a unique purpose and placed My anointing on your life. I strategically designed each one of you to be different from the others. Don't try to emulate the calling of someone else but imitate their life by following their blameless lifestyle and holy way of living as you clothe yourselves in robes of righteousness. I have given you the personality and the temperament to be just as you are and to do all that you were called to do. You are unique because you are not of this world but you have been set apart for such a time as this. You have been chosen for a particular assignment. As you stay steadfast in your convictions and uncompromising in your walk with Me, I will visit you in a mighty way.  As I anointed David, I now anoint you, saying "Arise, anoint him, for this Is the one" says the Lord.

1 Samuel 16: 5-13

1 Samuel 17: 37
Moreover David said, "The Lord, who delivered me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear, He will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine." and Saul said to David, "Go and the Lord be with you!"

1 Samuel 17:49- 51
Then David put his hand in his bag and took out a stone; and he slung it and struck the Philistine in his forehead, so that the stone sank into his forehead, and he fell on his face to the earth.  So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone, and struck the Philistine and killed him. But there was no sword in the hand of David.  Therefore David ran and stood over the Philistine, took his sword and drew it out of its sheath and killed him, and cut off his head with it.

1 Samuel: 30:6
Now David was greatly distressed, for the people spoke of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and his daughters. But David strengthened himself in the Lord his God.

1 comment:

  1. This truly is the season for us to fulfill our destinies as we march across out "Promised Lands"

    ReplyDelete