Thursday, May 6, 2010

Psalm 144 [selected verses]

Praise the Lord, my Protector! He trains me for battle and prepares me for war.
He is my protector and defender, my shelter and Savior, in whom I trust for safety...what is man that You notice him; mere man that You pay attention to him?

I will sing to You a new song, O God; You give vistory to kings and rescue your servant...Save me from my cruel enemies; rescue me ...May our sons in their youth be like plants that grow up strong. May our daughters be like stately columns which adorn the corners of a palace.

...may there be no cries of distress in our streets. Happy is the nation of whom this is true; happy is the people whose God is the Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Colosians 3:8-17 is a good New Testament companion passage for this Psalm.

    ReplyDelete