Monday, May 3, 2021

 

An Audience of One!
May 1, 2021
Years ago I used to suffered from paralyzing fear about standing and speaking in front of others. It was so bad that speech became my worst class in Grammar school as well as high school.
I did alright one on one with folks, but any time I would get in front of a crowd of people I would just freeze up. Fear of failure would grab a hold of me and I would just lose all ability to function. As a result, many people would criticise me because I had such bad stage fright. Then one night when I was about 16 I had a visitation from the Lord and He began to show me that I would be speaking in front of large groups of people, I felt like my worst nightmare was coming true. But the Lord told me that He would be with me and give me exactly what to say when I needed it.
He said to me that, "You need to realize that the only Audience that I need you to speak to is the, "Audience of One", and that the Father of Glory is really your only audience which you need to speak in front of." If I could speak in front of Him then He would give me the ability to speak in front of anyone, whether small crowds or large gatherings, it wouldn't matter, but tge key was to keep my eyes upon the "Audience of One!"
In life very often that one thing that seems to be your greatest challenge (or your largest hurdle), will become your area of greatest strength and ability, as God gives you victory over those situations and fears. He takes the things that you cannot do in your own strength and transforms them into the areas of your life that He pours His Power, Presence and ability through.
"But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;" 1 Corinthians 1:27
Moses, when he was a young man, had a severe disability that most people don't realize in scripture, He couldn't speak right. Many believe he had a problem with stuttering.
"And Moses said to the Lord, O Lord, I AM NOT ELOQUENT OR A MAN OF WORDS, neither before nor since You have spoken to Your servant; for I am slow of speech and have a heavy and awkward tongue." Exodus 4:10
As a result he asked the Lord to send someone else, but God told him to take Aaron with him and that He would be with Aaron and His mouth. After that point you never see that issue appear again for him, (or at least it's not mentioned), but it was a natural challenge that he faced and a fear that he had to overcome.
Some of us need to see beyond our Inability into God's arena, and watch as He takes those issues we're dealing with and transforms them into abilities and strengths in His Hands.
I know what you're probably thinking, "I don't know how to do that!" Well you can do what I did, FOCUS ON THE AUDIENCE OF ONE! He is the source and resource of change in every one of our lives. The issues we face, that are so astronomical in our own sight, are instantly fixable by the "Audience of One." He is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all that we ask or think.
With my transformation, the only thing that I can tell you, is that one night I went to bed covered by a spirit of timidity and awakened the next day BOLD AS A LION! God changed my issue overnight, the mountain that I had stood in front of for so many years and could never climb, He changed it into a molehill in one evening!
So if this morning you are facing an issue you can't seem to overcome, it's time to take the issue to the Audience of One, allow Him to make that issue into an ability, that weakness in your life into a great strength, and as He does your life will become a fountain of transformation for those around you.
Do You Know Who You Are???❤❤❤
3 Comments
2 Shares

No comments:

Post a Comment