Saturday, March 7, 2015


Quote Kimberly Fowler

Spring "breakout"

Catapult - destiny

Thrust out into the deep

Taking new steps

Catapulted into new areas of vision, hope, restoration

A new "spring" in your step





This is a word from God with delightful little puns maybe partly for my benefit because He knows how much I like them, but also because I believe He wanted the layers of meaning to capture the different nuances of what is in store.

I caught the pun in Spring breakout. It's not Spring break, it's Spring break out. One is a lull between two times, the other is a fresh beginning.

I sometimes do not receive complete sentences but just simple fragments with a bit of understanding of what they convey. I received the word catapult and destiny together with the understanding that like a catapult, there would be a sudden strong force literally propelling you in a very direct way into what God has for you.

"Thrust out into the deep" was a pun with hidden layers. I immediately caught the inference to Luke 5:3-4   "And he entered into one of the ships, which was Simon's, and prayed him that he would thrust out a little from the land. And he sat down, and taught the people out of the ship. Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught."

In that scripture, there is a thrust out from land, and launching into the deep, that is also what a catapult does if you were inside; it thrusts you out and launches you out! But I also got a hidden meaning from God because when I heard "thrust out into the deep", I got an impression of almost like a baby bird is sometimes thrust out of the nest to encourage it to fly. It has to leave the safety and comfort of what it has known to launch into the "scary unknown" or like another well-known phrase "out into the deep end"! And I got the impression that God may almost "thrust" people out of their comfort zones or "catapult" them into the new area, and it may not be "comfortable" necessarily in the way it is done, and they may be left feeling they have been "thrust out into the deep"!

The last part..."a new spring in your step", I caught a hidden pun in this as well. We are not only shortly entering Spring in the natural, but for some that have gone through a hard spiritual winter, Spring is around the corner as well and there will be that freshness of Spring in your steps, that refreshing, that will be felt in your spiritual walk. (I also kind of see spring and catapult in connotation as well, but that could just be the humor in my own mind. But I did enjoy God's play on words in this little word of encouragement.)

No comments:

Post a Comment