Friday, April 1, 2016

                                The Battle of the mind
Quote JaneGreenstein

Most of you know that I have been battling several 
illnesses at the same time. I have completed several 
months of an intense treatment for hepatitis C in October, 
and yesterday I have completed a series of immuno-therapy 
treatments for lymphoma. Several other afflictions have 
also tried to illegally take ground in my body. 

This is a time that many would call the “Dark night of the 
Soul,” but the LORD promises in His word that He will give 
us the victory over whatever we endure as long as we don’t 
quit. 

The Holy Spirit is also showing me that many of us are 
coming out of horrendous long dark seasons, and those who 
have have not given up during these difficult times, are 
coming into an extraordinary season. You have pressed in 
and prayed not knowing what lies ahead but Jesus says now 
is your time of renewal and refreshing. 

As I completed the treatment yesterday, I was reminded of a 
fable which I once heard about an old Cherokee Indian 
telling his grandson a story about a battle that goes on 
inside of people. He said, “My son, the battle is between 
two wolves inside us all. “One is Evil – It is anger, 
envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self- 
pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, 
superiority, and ego. The other is Good – It is joy, 
peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, 
benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and 
faith.” The grandson thought about it for a minute and 
then asked his grandfather: “Which wolf wins?” The old 
Cherokee simply replied, “The one that you feed.” 

As I remembered this story, the Holy Spirit showed me that 
there are many Christians who are battling within 
themselves. Two natures are constantly trying to control 
our way of thinking, which will eventually dominate our 
lives. Even if we received a medical diagnosis which 
appears impossible in the natural to cure, we have to align 
our thoughts with the Lords will. When the pain is 
intolerable, we have to remember the Word of God. 

The LORD says; 

“To those of you who have been struggling and battling from 
within, don’t allow negative thoughts to rule and dominate 
your way of thinking and win the battle of your mind. That 
is your old nature contending with the divine nature which 
is created in you by the transformation of your renewed 
mind. 

Don’t allow fear to gain ground. Allow My Spirit to lead 
and direct you from inside and you will be set free from 
this struggle. When times of temptation arise, know that 
you have the strength to follow the way of the Spirit. 
When you are tested and tried through the contention of 
others, don’t give in to their accusations. 

Do not be controlled by your senses. 

Do not be controlled by your feelings. 

Do not be led by any thoughts that are contrary to My word. 

Stay strong through difficult times and prayerfully seek Me 
to lead you and guide you in the way of righteousness. 

When sickness and infirmity arise, don’t be moved by how 
you feel. As difficult as it may seem, stand on the word 
until you receive your breakthrough. Don’t dismiss the 
blessing that I have bestowed upon your life by submitting 
to voices which are contrary to My word. 

As your mind and your spirit are in constant conflict and 
struggle against each other, hold on to the dream that I 
have placed in you. Don’t let go of what I have already 
provided for you as you learn how to master your flesh and 
submit to the Spirit living and dwelling on the inside of 
you,” 

says the LORD. 

“Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the LORD 
delivers him out of them all,”   Psalm 34:19. 

“Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery 
trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing 
happened to you; but rejoice to the extent that you partake 
of Christ’s sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, 
you may also be glad with exceeding joy,”   1 Peter 4:12- 
13. 

“For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do 
not want to do-this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do 
not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin 
living in me that does it. So I find this law at work: 
Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 
For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see 
another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my 
mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work 
within me,”   Romans 7:18-23. 

“I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill 
the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the 
Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are 
contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things 
that you wish,” Galatians 5:16-17. 



Blessings in Christ Jesus, 
~ Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment